Directions to Bryn Mawr
Please be advised that once you get into Honesdale, PA most internet directions and navigation systems take you on back country roads that are often unmarked and unpaved. We recommend you to follow our below instructions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. For easiest GPS directions, set GPS to avoid unpaved roads.
Print Driving Directions (PDF)
Metropolitan New York Approaches
New York State Thruway
- NY Thruway (87) to Exit 16, Harriman.
- Rte 17 West towards Middletown for 17 miles to Exit 121 West.
- Rte 84 West towards Port Jervis for 40 miles to Exit 30, Blooming Grove, PA.
- *Make a Right off of the ramp onto Rte 402 North. Go 4 miles to the end.
- Left onto Rte 6 West.
- Stay on Rte 6 for 18 miles through Hawley and into Honesdale.
- Once into Honesdale (approx. 2 miles after the Wal-Mart & Home Depot Shopping Centers) bear left over a small bridge staying on Rte 6, then making a quick right (at a light) onto Church Street.
- Stay on Church Street until it ends going over a small bridge.
- At the end make a left onto Park Ave then a right onto 191 North (Hotel Wayne with be on the far right corner).
- Stay on Rte 191 North for 4 miles.
- Right turn at Bryn Mawr sign onto Oregon Turnpike.
- Continue up mountain for approx. 1 mile and turn Right onto Bryn Mawr Road and into camp.
Route 80 Westbound
- Route 80 West to Exit 34B – Sparta-Rte 15 North.
- Continue on Rte 15 to Ross’ Corner (about 16 miles) to Rt. 206.
- Go Straight ahead on 206 for approx. 16 miles to the Delaware Bridge in Montague.
- Cross over the Bridge and follow Rte 6 West (for 3 miles) through Milford.
- Take 84 West for 16 miles to Exit 30, Blooming Grove, Pa.
- Follow Directions from above (*).
New York Route 17
- NY Rte 17 West to Exit 104 Raceway Road.
- Follow onto 17B to Fosterdale- Approximately 15 miles.
- At Fosterdale, continue straight through traffic light. It becomes Sullivan County 114.
- Follow 114 down Winding Hill (4 miles) to STOP sign.
- Make Left turn on 97 for less than ¼ mile, to sign for PA 371 and Damascus on the right.
- 114 continues.
- Make a right and follow under the railway trestle.
- Cross the Delaware River and you are on PA Rte 371.
- Follow 371 10 miles to STOP Sign at intersection of Rte 191.
- Make a left turn and follow 5 miles to the Bryn Mawr sign on the left
- Make a left turn (you will see the Bryn Mawr sign)
- Follow road up mountain for approximately 1 mile and turn into camp.
From Philadelphia and South
- Northeast Extension of PA Turnpike to Rte 81 North.
- Just past Scranton, pick up Rte 6 East on the right (Scranton-Carbondale Highway)
- Follow Route 6 into Honesdale.
- Turn left at the traffic light in Honesdale (just past Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- Follow signs to Rte 191 North for 4 miles.
- Turn Right at the Bryn Mawr sign
- Continue up the mountain for approximately 1 mile and turn into camp.